Saturday, February 20, 2016

AWAKE



I did not want to write today, I have waaaaaay to much to do, I do not have time, but let me warn you that there is a fire burning inside of me that I cannot shake.  If I could dance and type at the same time, I would, and I can't even dance, but still.  In my mind I am dancing and doing somersaults with the greatest of ease and I look good doing it, ha.  Yeah, yeah we get that you are dancing, but why?  I am so very glad that you asked my friend.
     Do you truly believe that you were made in the image of God?  Many of us who are believers have no problem answering that question with a resounding, "well yes," but that is about as far as our little minds allow us to go.  Made in the image of God, check.  Christ died for my rotten sins, check.  The Holy Spirit indwells within me, check.  One day I will be raised with a new glorified body to live forever, check.  "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!"  I AM NOT EVEN JOKING, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!  SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY, IF THAT DOES NOT INVOKE SOMETHING WITHIN YOU THEN I AM GOING TO COME THROUGH THIS COMPUTER AND SLAP YOUR FACE!!  And yet even as I am typing I can recall going over those very thoughts in my mind on several occasions, listening to countless lessons and seminars recanting those very things and although I may manage an "amen" here and there it had become almost, well, how should I say this, uneventful.  We just don't get it.  I just don't get it and even though I feel right now as though I am fully aware of what this means for my life, the truth is I cannot even comprehend the power of this love.  I cannot even form a thought that could adequately represent this type of love, but the Spirit within me is fully capable and I for one am tired of selling Him short!!!!  In fact it is for this very reason it was given to me in the first place.  Turn to John 16 starting in verse 7,

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you.  But if I go, I will send him to you.  And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.  I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.  When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.  He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.  All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

If the Holy Spirit is indwelling you then that is a pretty stinking big deal! He will guide you into ALL, yes ALL truth and He will declare to you the things that are to come.  He will take what is GODS and declare it to YOU!  Do we live in a world that could use a little truth?  Do we live in a world that could use a little reminder of what is to come for those who put their trust in the Lord. YES, OK, YES it would.  Que the "call to action speech!"  Wait for it......Wait for it......Wait for it....

"AWAKE, O SLEEPER, AND ARISE FROM THE DEAD, AND CHRIST WILL SHINE ON YOU." Eph 5:14 (yall I am for real typing and standing up at the same time, my feet will not be still)

"Whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him, Col 3:17.  If you can sing, sing for the Lord!  If you can write, write for the Lord!  If you can paint, paint for the Lord!  If you have the gift of prayer, pray to the Lord and for his people without fear!  If you can cook, cook for the Lord!  If you can play 16 instruments, play them all for the Lord!  If you can speak, speak LOUD for the Lord!  If you can teach, teach for the Lord!!!  For far too long, Christians have sat on the side lines, ignoring THE SPIRIT within us, denying HIS POWER, and keeping HIS SACRED TRUTHS HIDDEN.  We have also allowed ourselves to become ever so cynical within the body of Christ.  We cannot even benefit from the "God given" talents he has placed within our brothers and sisters because of jealousy.  We become convinced that we should have been given their gift instead of realizing the beautiful handpicked talent that the Lord has placed on our own life and expects us to use for His Glory.  Do not covet your brother or sisters, tap into your spiritual gift, specifically designed and catered with you in mind.

 I am reminded of the parable of the talents (Matt 25:14-30)  and how many times I have buried my talents or downplayed them or hid them in some weird attempt at humility.  Yall, if we are burying our God given talents, we are burying God within us.  This is not humility, this is a tragedy.  Some may think, sure, but what if I use my gift and people think I am self seeking?  News flash! There will be some who will think that and at times you will be self seeking and so will I, but the Spirit within us is not!!!  Honestly that has been a fear that has plagued me quite often, because it is very easy to make it about us as oppose to God in us, but what scares me even more is verse 26 of Matthew chapter 25 and what happened to the man who hid his talent...

But his master answered him, "you wicked and slothful servant!  You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed?  Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.  So take the talent from him and give it to him who has ten talents.  For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance.  But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.  And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. 

To not have a voice for the Lord cuts me to my very soul!!! To loose the chance to proclaim the amazing truths of my savior all because of fear is like a nightmare that I never want to face.  I am writing this for you, you (as in the person who is reading this right now.) I lifted my hands to the Father on your behalf, literally, and mine that we would AWAKE!  I want you to AWAKE!!! God wants you to AWAKE!! I want to AWAKE! Without fear, casting away all doubt, and boldly proclaim Jesus in any and every way possible, whether seen or unseen, whether big or small, AWAKE!  If you know someone who is living in fear share this post with them and proclaim them to AWAKE AND ____________  just fill in the blank with whatever God given talent that you know they possess and that the body of Christ so desperately needs them to use.  In the mighty name of Jesus, ambassadors of Christ everywhere AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!

 Note:  If you are reading this post and you do not know the Lord or maybe you once did, but have fallen into the despairs of this world allowing Satan to fill you with lies.  Today is a new day and His mercies are knew every morning!!! To be welcomed into the kingdom of God is free for the taking and will change your life forever.  It requires no magic formula and the only prerequisite is a broken and contrite heart.  In other words it is a confession before the Lord that Jesus is Lord and that you are not.  It is the understanding that Christ died for your sins.  His blood literally covers your rotten sins, every one of them.  There is no sin so great that Christ blood cannot cover it. It is the amazing realization that although he was buried in the tomb, three days later he rose from the dead.  We know that he rose, because over 500 people witnessed the risen Lord and 2016 years later we are still talking about it.  In Romans 10:8-13 it says "But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart: (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.  For the scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."  For their is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.  For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." On November 19, 1999 I died.  Yes, I made this confession and re-enacted this gospel message through baptism just like those precious souls who were cut to the heart in Acts chapter 2:38.  The water is not magic or holy, but it serves as a great reminder of how good it feels to be washed clean.  When Zach, my husband, lowered me into that water the old Jill was being put to death, being buried, in the same way that Jesus was.  At that moment all of my rotten sins were removed by the blood of Jesus.  What then came out of that water was a new creation, alive in Christ (2 Cor 5:17) sinless and free from guilt.  To say that it was a good feeling would be putting it extremely mildly.  And check this out yall, I received the gift of the Holy Spirit, remember, the one who will guide you into all truth.  The one who will tell you the things that are to come and give you the courage to AWAKE and share this message with the world!!!  Do not wait!!!        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @jilldasher