Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Table

It is easy to get caught up,
Especially this time of year,
In all the little details,
That we think will bring us cheer.

In our rush to make things perfect,
With our tables set just right,
We sometimes miss the greatest treasures right before our eyes.

Do not miss the little smiles,
The smells, the jokes, the laughs.
Soak in all the faces,
And remember Thanksgivings past.

Who is around your table today,
That was not there before.
And who would you give your last piece of pie if they were joining you once more.

Granddaddy, I will miss your laugh,
Your whiskers and your prayer.
Nanny, your stories will never leave me,
I will carry them everywhere.

I will long for the day we will gather again,
At a table much grander than mine.
The scene wil be amazing,
And the host will be divine.

No one will be missed,
And our hearts will be complete.
It is sure to be the greatest Thanksgiving the world has ever seen.

So as you awake this Thanksgiving day,
I'll leave you with one thought.

The rolls may burn,
The crust may crack,
And the dressing could be dry,
But none of this will matter,
If our hearts are set on high.
-Jil Dasher

In loving memory of two special people that I lost (temporarily) this year.  Fred Duke and Edith Galloway left legacies of love and faith. On this Thanksgiving Day and many days to come I will cherish their memories and take comfort in the fact that we will meet again.

I love you all and wish you a wonderful day of Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Aweee....Jill as usual you have touched my heart and as a result I have teared up, it will be a grand day to meet up with those that have passed on before us in heaven, most importantly our heavenly Father! Happy, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my beautify Christian Sister! May we all be thankful for the love we receive, have received and an opportunity to give! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen, what a grand day it will be!!

      Delete
  2. Love this sis! What wonderful words about 2 wonderful people, from a wonderful person. I hope your day was filled with love and laughter. I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you dear sister!!! Cant wait til Christmas!

      Delete

Follow Us @jilldasher