Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Press On

Our hearts are overjoyed at the blessing of love represented in this room
   
     As I type the first words of this post I am overcome with emotions.  Not with sadness or sorrow, but with an overwhelming thankfulness for the blessing of relationships.  The image that keeps playing over and over in my mind is that of a room full of our dearest family and friends who welcomed us with shouts and cheers of joy as we came in the room to give our, how do you say it, "we lost" speech.  I looked out in to the crowd and saw dear friends who were with us to welcome each one of our four children into this world.  I saw their children standing close by with smiles on their faces that seemed to say "you are winners in our eyes."  I saw women who have mentored me, lead me, and encouraged me along my walk with Christ and I saw men who have stood by my husband in times of great joy as well as times of uncertainty.  I have read through hundreds of messages and prayers that have been sent to us from all over the country and with tears streaming down my face I realize that we are part of a kingdom of believers who have already won the race.  
     Zach and I drove home together in a quiet car last night as the kids had left a little earlier with my parents.  I looked over at the man that I have been married to for nearly 14 years and as I grabbed his hand he looked at me and smiled "I'm ok, are you?" "yep." I don't believe there has ever been a time that I have been more proud of him.  I could hardly speak, but all I could do was praise God for sending me a man like Zach Dasher.  A perfect man, he is not, but one with integrity, passion, and true conviction he is undoubtedly.  As I listened to his closing speech last night I was reminded what this journey was all about.  It was never about us, never about Zach Dasher, never about our agenda, but I am convinced that this day and time was ordained by God for His glory and purposes that far exceed anything that we could imagine.
     We pulled into the Wendy's drive thru around 12:00am because I don't believe either of us had eaten in the past couple of days and without skipping a beat Zach began to tell the two drive thru attendants about his loss in the congressional race.  "Hold you head up high" they said, "absolutely" he replied "because God is good, do y'all know Him?"  "Yes sir, yes sir," they both respectfully said with big smiles on their faces and Zach told them to never forget how much God loved them.  As we drove off a peace swept over me like never before and I knew that we were resting safe inside the will of God.
What now?
We will "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" Phil 3:14     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @jilldasher