Friday, April 18, 2014

Just some tales, not necessarily from the minivan


Ok so I have been missing in action, at least here on the blog, but plenty of action has been going on amongst the Dashers you can be sure.  Just to name a few...
I went from blonde to brown/red. Oh ya know, just had to change it up a bit. Going lighter in the spring would be way to predictable, ha!
My sweet sister and parents came to visit all the way from the great state of NC.
Talked my mom & dad into doing crossfit with me:)
They were champs!!!! I mean, for real, CHAMPS!
We think Rosie is pregnant, I'm hoping for a girl!!
Fred turned 3!!
Cohen Ellis, my new nephew was born the day before Bear turned 6!! 
Me and newborn babies are never a good idea. Simply perfection!
Homeschool Easer party. My amazing friend (Darcy) pulled off an Easter hunt based on the story of the resurrection of Jesus. First they must locate all the eggs containing pieces of the story.
Boys trying to beat the girls as they attempt to place all the events surrounding the resurrection in the proper order.
Who's gonna win????
THE BOYS TAKE THE PRIZE!!
Just a few of the woman who have been much more than friends. They have been mentors at times, listening ears at times, prayer warriors all the time, and ladies who are real, no pretending among this group!! Which is good for me, because I am a terrible faker:)
And today I actually put my daughter on her first bus ride without me headed to her first LTC weekend! No worries, the minivan is following close behind:))

All in all, we have been busy busy, but I must say I love this time of year. I love celebrating the resurrection of my Lord and Savior. Without this moment in history my life would be utterly meaningless and so would yours. As Paul said in 1 COR 15:19 if only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men. But we know and are confident that He did in fact come out of that tomb. I can only imagine what it must have been like when Mary Magdalene and those with her came to the apostles claiming that Jesus had risen. It says in the scripture that they did not believe them because their words seemed like nonsense. This makes me laugh, because I can just picture what a mess I'd be trying to retell the events that had just taken place. To have been in the presence of the Lords angels and received the news that he had risen would have flat out sent me into hysterics. I would be doing the happy dance and shouting at the same time. No doubt, it could possibly be mistaken for nonsense. But what must it have felt like in that upper room when Jesus spoke the words "peace be with you" and showed them the nail holes in his hands.  I imagine there was quite a bit of emotion going on in that room, I can picture tears of joy in Peters eyes. I'll leave with you the words of Jesus. These very words are what keep me going everyday. These words give me purpose, they give me hope, they give me peace, and they give me perspective as to what is really important. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Praise God!! He is RISEN!
Love ya!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Look at your fab parents rocking Cross Fit! Love your updates!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @jilldasher