"FREEEEDOM" (in a William Wallace sort of voice)

2:28 AM

MY GIRL
     If one person reads this post and shouts FREEEEEDOM as loud as they can upon completing this short tid bit then I say to God be the Glory, a successful day of writing.  Let's just be honest folks, I am a pretty messed up individual.  Between the daily grind of attempting to keep my ever so shiny "super mommy of the world" crown perfectly placed in an upright position on my ever so polished bouffant hair or the effort it takes to keep my "wife of noble character" belt fastened in the most gracious of ways to flatter my tummy which isn't quite as tight and tucked as it was before it became the human factory I am one worn out chic!  Worn slap out I tell ya!  And before you get down in the dumps and break out into a cold sweat at the mere thought of it all I am here to tell you that I am so completely ecstatic about it.  ECSTATIC to know that this creature, whomever and whatever it may be that I am trying to prototype is a complete and utter myth.  A lie so cleverly placed within the minds of us all to send us into a tell spin of such looking like a bunch of aps in a Tarzan movie bouncing around in search for a feeling of fulfillment, purpose, and self worth.  All for what?  Only to do the very same thing all over again.  Because you see once you accomplish or fulfill or achieve whatever measures of success, pleasure, or status that you so eagerly desired it is at that point that the ugly truth of this cruel joke is revealed.  You want more.  Satan knew it in the beginning of time in the Garden when he tempted Adam and Eve and he knows it today thousands and thousands of years later, we want more.  Hang tight, the good news is coming.
     How, in a society that is flooded with MORE, do we keep from wanting MORE?  The only way to not want more is to HAVE IT ALL.  That is it.  HAVE IT ALL and you will no longer want more.  Your next question is obvious, how do I have it all?  I'll tell you like it was put many years ago to a lady that I hold very dear to my heart and yet we have never even met.  But you can be assured that when I get home I am going to find her and we are going to be great friends.  "Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life" John 4:13-14.  You see what He offers is MORE.  He invites you to be an heir to His kingdom.  He gives you all rights to His wealth and He never charges you a thing.  He simply wants you to "drink the water." "Then leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, "come, see a man who told me everything I ever did.  Could this be the Messiah?  They came out of the town and made their way toward him" John 4:28-30.  Oh I can just picture her.  My heart smiles as I think of her leaving the water jar and running to share the news of her encounter with the savor.   
     When you "drink the water" offered by Jesus Christ not only are you instantly a part of His kingdom ,He also gives you your very own "Mommy" crown, "wife" belt, "success sword," "significant shoes," and "righteouss ring" at the very moment of induction.  It is then that you receive "it all," or at least access to it all through the Holy Spirit dwelling inside you leading you and polishing you from the inside out.  From that point on you no longer need to run around like a sprayed roach trying to reinvent the wheel that God Almighty put into place without your help.  Instead, tap into that all access counselor and it is though Him that you will be quenched.  So when I find myself in a conundrum because the perfectly stacked plates that I feel as though I have been balancing effortlessly on my own come crashing to the ground around me I am reminded of that little white lie that satan planted in the very beginning, "you are not satisfied, you could have more"  and in that moment I fall before my savor, my creator, and my king and I say praise God and Hallelujah that I am FREE.  Because when I chose the Lord I chose to lay down all my "me" cards.  I chose to accept His perfection, because I knew that I could never attain it on my own.  I am not even carrying the stinking plates as if I could possibly bring my polished china before the sovereign Lord as a showboat of my efforts.  I, Jil Dasher, am a messed up individual, but I am one who has been made perfect by the blood of a perfect savor and since He took it upon himself to cover all my flaws then why in the world am I busying myself trying to fix a wheel that is no longer broke.  Get up, leave your jar of water and drink the water of FREEEEDOM!!!
MY BOYS



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.