Thursday, December 19, 2013

"BIG MISTAKE..HUGE"

    Don't do it, Don't do it, stop, stop, put down that computer.  I just can't, I can't, I'm gonna do it, yep I am doing it.  Hmm what to write about??  Have ya'll heard about Phil getting suspended from the hit reality series Duck Dynasty?  First words that came to mind "Big mistake...Huge" thank you Julia Roberts!  Ok so I will keep this short and for the most part sweet.
     Everyday I turn on my TV, which is less and less these days, and I am inundated with rhetoric.  Rhetoric that has no meaning, no conviction, and absolutely anything but "tolerance" that word the media loves to throw into the face of someone with my particular beliefs.  It is a bunch of political garbage aimed at folks who work for a living, pay their taxes, and pray to Jesus.  All in the name of "fairness," "tolerance," and "equal rights." Except it's NOT equal rights, in fact there is nothing equal about it.  No, you take the position of the "mainstream media" which is fueled by our politicians and Hollywood elites or you my friend are considered a racist bigot, unloving, and then are roasted so badly that few are able to stand by their convictions.  Until Phil.
     In fact, his own words to my husband on the afternoon this all went down were as follows "Well, Jesus was a perfect man and they hated him.  I am NOT a perfect man and they're gonna hate me.  I'm ok with that.  And you know what else?  I don't hold it against 'em."  Wow!  Sure doesn't sound like hatred to me.  Phil is not anti-gay, he is anti-sin, and if he truly believes in the man named Jesus and follows the Holy Bible inspired by this very man then why would he preach anything different?  If you are a believer in Jesus and actually believe that 2000 years ago this man came to earth and "took the bullet" for us all then we should never stop spreading the truths of our savior to the world.
     The gospel is offensive.  It's offensive, because we are sinners.  It was offensive to me, because I new that I was living a life of sin.  But I am so thankful to the dear man who shared the gospel with me that he didn't fail to include all the ways in which I was living in opposition to the savior of the world.  What kind of christians would we be if we never told people or addressed our own sin problem when sharing the gospel?  It would be like telling someone they had won the lottery, but refusing to tell them where to pick up the money.  I realize it is not PC to say that Jesus is the only way, but you have to ask yourself, what if He really is, and further more, what if you really believed it, would you not then be compelled to share the good news?  The amazing part is that I have been delivered from a whole mess of sin that was entangling me and I am now free from the burden of those sins as well as the ones in my future because I am now a new creation in Christ and I am part of the Kingdom of God.  He has given me a helper, the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.  (John 16:13) I have had folks sit on my couch who have come out of all kinds of addictions, alcohol, heroin, homosexuality, etc and hear them talk of healing and how they were able, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to overcome a life that was destroying them.  Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?  
 
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. MATT 10:22

"My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."   -Phil Robertson  

6 comments:

  1. Amen Jill! We can never, ever spologize for what the scripture says. Too many try to pick & choose what fits with their life. God is a God of grace but he is a serious God! My family totally supports Phil speaking the word!. God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People don't want to hear Gods word. Phil spoke Gods word, not Phil's word. People just don't want to hear the truth. Thank you Phil for tell the truth, reading Gods word and not changing anything for your benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem with him saying homosexual sex is sin. I agree with him. But there were many problems with the rude way he said it, and then there are those racial remarks. How in the world are his words about blacks so easily dismissed by Christians?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil said: "I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field. ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' -- not a word! ... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues." This is not a "racial remark", it is one man sharing his experience. I struggle to find encroachment in his words, but loaded questions do facilitate allusions. If you ask me, the interview was woven with rhetoric.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @jilldasher