FREE MAKEOVER

1:47 PM


      I'm a bi-polar writer, that is, there are phases of my life when I will journal about the lost hamster, my child's loose tooth, and the sunset.  While other times I will birth a whole child and not take the time to right down the order of events.  If you happen to follow my blog you probably already know this about me.  But it's always fun to run across an old one and pick it up for a look into what was going on in my life during that particular era.  Yesterday I happened upon an old one because my two year old was frantically coloring over all the pages, I guess he is going to be a writer as well.  This was not a typical journal entry, but instead it was a lesson of sorts I had prepared for a woman's bible study.  Apparently I was only suppose to pick one verse and share it with the group, but that proved to be difficult for this southern gal with a loud mouth.  Yeah, I'm not real sure if that is my spiritual gift or curse, but either way I love to talk, actually I prefer the term "teach" not that I am qualified, but I love discussions involving my Savior.  So today I am going to share with you what I wrote, raw and unedited thoughts that the Lord had laid on my heart years ago.
     
     "Erica asked me to read my favorite verse and to share why, she did not ask me to preach, but shock to you all I have something to share, ha.  When I say that God laid this on my heart, I mean it in the literal since.  I sat up in my bed at 10:10 on Monday night, I go to be early, and this is what came out.  On Sunday night at house church we watched the video some of you may have seen at church.  Louie Giglio talked about creation and the magnitude of it all, the stars, planets, and the complexity of the human body.  It is amazing, if you haven't seen it, you must!  So, I was laying in bed thinking of the greatness of God and this verse came to mind, Psalms 139:17
   
     "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb.  I praise you           because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.     My frame was not hidden from you when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your    eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me where written in your book before one of them came to be.  How precious to me are your thoughts O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand.  When I awake I am still with you."

     I just stopped and thought about what this verse was saying.  I thought of our God who created the heavens and earth, the animals, and me.  He ordained my days before I even came to be.  I actually began picturing His hands as they were knitting my children together.  I was in awe.  But one thought kept plaguing me as these thoughts were running through my mind.  How many times do I look at God's work in myself and think "man, you know if I could only change this, or tweak this, then I would be a better more pleasant looking creation."  Please know that when I said God laid this on my heart it was because He was speaking to me.  I guess the only reason I am sharing this with all of you is because I was so excited about what He revealed to me.  So He told me this: Guess what, you were knit together by the creator of the heavens!  Do you think that there is anything that you could do to "perfect" the creation of God Almighty??????  Uhhhh....Ummmm...nnnnnooooo!  Yes, he knit you together, He chose blue eyes for you, brown hair for another, etc, etc... I even brought props (side note I was referring to my resent um how should I say this breast augmentation, heck boob job.  This portion was added for clarity to the reader;-)  There isn't a plastic surgeon on the face of this planet that can make you more beautiful than your heavenly father already has.  It's sad that it took $5,000 and many uncomfortable nights to realize this.
     If knowing the power of our savior, seeing His mighty works, and realizing the death He died so that I might live doesn't make you feel loved and beautiful, then nothing else will.  Satan will get you caught up in the lie that this and that will make you beautiful, but what he doesn't tell you is that the "beauty" he is offering will fade very quickly and cost you more than you ever intended to spend.  But the beauty of a soul that seeks to find their fulfillment at the foot of the cross is a beauty that will live for eternity and never fade away, not to mention IT IS FREE!!!  BILL HAS BEEN PAID!  So, my charge is this, as women and Mom's battling a society that defines beauty in a cup size, pant size, or # of wrinkles, etc, lets be different.  Lets seek that unfading beauty, the beauty that comes from knowing that we were created by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the God that knows how many hairs are on our head.  Lets seek that beauty not just for ourselves, but for our daughters and sons who will likely view beauty though our eyes.  Each one of you is a beautiful, beautiful creation!"

Yeah, that's all I got guys.  Sure am glad I ran across this one, a little reminding never hurts anyone.  Love to ya!

HERE ARE SOME FAM PHOTOS
TRUNK & TREAT


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.