OH SAY CAN YOU SEE...

2:52 PM

     As long as I am alive I will never forget where I was or what I was doing on this dreary morning 12 years ago.  I was in route to "beauty school" in Memphis, TN when reports started coming in about this tragic scene that was unfolding in New York.  I will never forget the crowd of students and instructors huddled around our small TV in the break room and I remember the sound of my husbands voice when I was finally able to get him on the phone.  It was a feeling of hopelessness, a feeling of extreme sadness, and at the same time a feeling of patriotism that was so strong that even a stranger on the street looked more like a brother.  Our country was changed in a matter of minutes and the lives of thousands of people will never be the same.  For this reason I pay tribute to all of the families that must relive this tragedy every year as they remember their Sister, her laugh and her smile.  Their Mother and the times spent around her table.  Their Father, his strong hands and big heart.  Their Brother, who was their very best friend.  It is for this reason that we can find hope that our country was founded on someone who cannot be destroyed by weapons of mass destruction, someone who will never back down or give up, and someone that has already won the war and conquered death, so that what was lost may be found once again.  ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

So even as I am about to attach this video I am preparing my rebuttal in my mind, because I know that he is going to kill me!!  Like seriously, kill me.  I mean not literally, but it's gonna be interesting.  However, I am just so dog gone proud of him.  My man, Zach Dasher singing the National Anthem at a meeting in Dallas, TX.


Don't tell him, maybe he wont find out!!!:-)
SORRY IT'S CROOKED!!



You Might Also Like

6 comments

Powered by Blogger.