Tuesday, February 26, 2013

OH YEAH BABY!!

So I've thought about this whole aging thing quite a bit lately, I mean not that I have any reason to being that I am sooo young, but it's never to early to think about these things, right?  I have come to the conclusion that I am stoked about it!!  Really and truly I am so excited about what the future holds as well as the joys of living in the present.  There are a few things that come to mind when I think of my future.  These make me smile!

I Finally can get my convertible!!  Dad said no at sixteen and God said no when He blessed me with my four loves.  I'll probably look like this adorable lady above(except my roots will be covered), but....

In my mind I will look like this:-)

There is nothing more beautiful to me than to see a woman "age gracefully" through the years.  Not afraid to allow her years and life experiences to accentuate her beauty and to laugh at her wrinkles instead of living in a state of disappointment that she is no longer physically what she once may have been.  I want to be this way.  I think of my mother, one of the most beautiful women I know, she is ever so graceful with each passing year

Joan unfortunately did not get the memo;(

Ok so ever since my elementary Librarian I have wanted a pair of these suckers and by golly I am determined to get me some.  When you are old enough to rock the "glasses chain" you are super cool!
I often think of the man I love when I think of my future.  I think wow, I will finally have an excuse for my "goofiness" and he will finally have an excuse for forgetting my birthday!  Thats love, right, through thick and thin, highs and lows, peaks and valleys.  Lord knows we have had them all, but I sure hope he is by my side to catch me when I trip over the sidewalk in my "granny heels"
   Doubt I will ever wear a sweater like that, but hey, you never know???
This just gives me goose bumps

I could not possibly think of my future and not have children somewhere in the mix, so, I want one of these...
note: disregard the names.  Surely my grandkids will have unique names(no offense if your name is on this plate!!)
I also want a t-shirt like this.  The more "bedazzled" the better!!
and finally a button like this to wear everywhere I go.

Really and truly I am not promised another day on this earth and have no idea if my dreams and aspirations will ever take shape in this life.  What I do know is that I am blessed to have been given life and to have shared it with some pretty special people.  Most of all I am blessed that I have an everlasting home awaiting me that far outweighs the very best of what I could imagine in my mind for my future.  I have quoted this scripture many times and will many more times I am sure, but it is my hearts desire to be this kind of woman.  "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25

P.S. A few reasons I have the best husband and kiddos!!

KNOWING MY HUSBAND CUT OUT THOSE NUMBERS JUST MAKES ME SMILE;-)

YES THAT IS ATHLETIC TAPE, BUT WORKS GREAT WHEN WRAPPING A PRESENT;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @jilldasher