Thursday, December 6, 2012

THE STINKING CHRISTMAS CARD PICTURE!!

Who in the world would use a sharpie to make their skirt longer??  Yep, ME!  So much for the professional look!!
      Every year around this time the Dasher family faces a major crisis.  The "CHRISTMAS CARD PICTURE!"  To put it mildly I am married to a man that breaks into a hot sweat at the mere mention of "family portraits."  It's so bad that I cannot think of the last time we have had our picture's taken by a professional photographer simply because it is not worth the risk of having my husband pitch a fat fit right there in the middle of it all, sorry baby, truth hurts sometime:-)  So luckily I can usually coax my sister-in-law, who happens to be AWESOME, to "help a sister out" and be our personal photographer.  I secretly contemplated videoing our "CHRISTMAS CARD" session this year just to have it as a keepsake to pop in the dvd player every time I need a good laugh or possibly if I might need to remind my husband why "patience is a virtue."  If someone happened to sneak up on our photo session they would be in for the laugh of their life.   I'm talking there is all kinds of yelling, pushing, gritting teeth, sweating, and crazy monkey noises  to get the babies attention.  It is nothing short of a zoo!  Yet, when you receive the Dasher card in the mail you are likely to see visions of sugar plums, all smiles and loves, ha!  Looks can be deceiving!  Even though this moment is one of the most dreaded of the season for SOME members of our family, it is still one that I look forward to in a weird sort of way.  It is so representative of who we are as a family; a crew of imperfect people, with all sorts of flaws, rough around the edges at times, and always in need of an extra dose of patience, but through it all there are those moments when God's glory shines perfectly through at just the right time.  I am so thankful for my sometimes dysfunctional family and all the joy that comes from being sons and daughters of the Almighty King!
Merry Christmas, Love the Dashers!!

This doesn't look staged at all does it???
Sister trying to take charge!
The BEAR, age 4
Max's expression says it all!  Mine oh, just on the verge going CRAZY!
Laela Beth age 9
Apparently Zach didn't like the funny face idea!  Shocker!
Don't we look HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

My little Fred man
Future spot of the Dasher home.  For now, we're kicking it in the trailer!  
My FAVORITE!


















1 comment:

  1. LOVE the sharpie marker skirt extension, Jil!! I thought that was black lace until you pointed out the marker. I once had to photoshop a few inches of shirt on a photo of a Haitian girl to hide her low neckline. I like your sharpie marker idea much better! Blessings to you and your family.
    Love, Carol Luallin

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @jilldasher