Monday, June 16, 2014

Cats out of the Bag...

 
peek-a-boo Fred
   A whirlwind I guess you would say these past few weeks have been.  Of all the blog entry's I have had a good mind to write this is one that I never saw coming.  In fact, I am completely convinced that the one running this ship is neither Zach or myself.  For lack of a clever way to say this, my husband, Zach Dasher, is running for Congress in the 5th district of Louisiana.  I'll never forget the feeling I had when my husband first approached me with the idea.  I was extremely reluctant, anxious, and down right resistant, barely sleeping and eating for three days.  After all we had just built this great house, we were volunteering with an amazing church, and life was just, well, comfortable.  I was afraid to take this before the father because somewhere deep down I knew.  I knew that God had been preparing my husband long before I was even in the picture for a time such as this.  In fact, He was preparing us all, but I wasn't quite ready to adhere to the calling.  It was a phone call that changed my view drastically and forced me to my knees for the next couple of months like never before.  Zach had approached a life long friend, someone of whom we love dearly about the idea of entering this race and what his thoughts would be about coming on board this campaign.  His response rocked my world and my prayer life.  He said Zach, you know I sort of feel like Jonah, It's not something that I necessarily want to do, my life and career are in a good comfortable place, (there's that word again) but if God is telling me to go to Nineveh, then I will go.  When Zach told me about his conversation I hung up the phone, went straight to my closet (us moms do that sometimes) and knelt before the Lord.  This began the first of many many prayers that I have sent up to the Father regarding this specific decision.  My prayer has always been the same and will continue to be the same throughout this process "Lord, if this decision would hurt our family, our faith, or your kingdom then please slam the door shut, but if you have called us together as a family to go forth in this mission then open the doors, guide our paths, and give us strength to walk through them."  I do not know where this path will lead and it may not always be "comfortable" but I will walk alongside my husband as long as the road is before us.

As to why my husband decided to run, well I'll let him tell you that…

HOW YOU CAN HELP!!!!

1. More than anything else we need your PRAYERS!  Consistently and purposefully your prayers are the single greatest gift you could offer our family.  Spread the word and spread the prayer!

2. If you would like to get involved on the campaign trail we would love your help!!  Please visit my husbands website below, sign up for updates or message me personally if you are interested in joining our team.

www.zachdasher.com

LOVE YOU ALL,
JIL


  
      

6 comments:

  1. Tears & prayers for you precious family. I cannot tell you how much this moved me. God bless you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen!! Prayers are greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Jil, it's funny but this does not surprise me at all! The first thing I thought was it just fits him...at least the Zach I knew in college. My 2nd thought was about Gideon. God has recently brought this story to the forefront of my mind and heart. I encourage both of you to read Judges 6. Girl, I am excited to see what God is going to do with Zach! "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randi, thank you so much for the encouragement!! I'm going to read that story right now to start off my day!!

      Delete
  3. KJV Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. 5 The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. 6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. 7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. 8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 10 For thou wilt not...suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

    ReplyDelete